Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tailgate Parties

With the Saints going to the Super Bowl (and deservedly so I might add) I thought I'd post this little story from dailycomet.com. Ironically it's set in Houma, LA (where my forthcoming young adult chapter book is set).

It reminds me of the church picnics that were are regular occurance on TV's Little House series. What a wonderful way to fellowship--commune.

Click the hyperlink to view the whole story.

Local group holds weekly tailgating parties at church


The Rev. Mike Manase is shown wearing his New Orleans Saints beanie Saturday at a tailgate party at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in St. Charles community. The Knights of Columbus at the church has held Saints tailgate parties every week this season.
Published: Friday, January 22, 2010 at 12:00 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, January 22, 2010 at 12:33 p.m.

HOUMA — The New Orleans Saints and religion go hand in hand. So when a member of a local Knights of Columbus group wanted to start tailgating at the group’s church on game days, the rest of the membership got onboard.

I'll be at my usual church Super Bowl Party on Feb. 7th. GO SAINTS!

No comments: