Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Barbarian Pastor

"Ed, Angie and I still to this day get the waiter or waitress's name when at a restaurant! I have found that you get better service when you address them by their name and more importantly it shows them respect and I believe when some are having a bad day, makes it a little brighter!"

That's what an anonymous commenter posted on Pastor Ed's blog (Barbarian Pastor). He's on "sabbatical to get radical." And he'll be blogging through it at: http://pastoredunc.blogspot.com/

I know Pastor Ed. I use to work with him. And, when we'd hit a restaurant for staff meetings Ed would get the server's name. Ed's got a southern twang thing going and he's apt to call the waitress honey. "What's your name honey?" he might ask. Then he'll use the name right away and later thanking her/him upon leaving...

Of course he'll leave a decent tip.

Ed has also been known to use tattoos as a springboard for conversation. Not that he has any I know of, but if he see's one on someone else, he'll engage the person with: "Tell me the story behind that tattoo."

If you met Ed, you'd like him. He's one of those clergy-type that are real: half pastor and half person.

No comments: